Nothing gives your home “Curb Appeal” quite like fresh asphalt. It offers a clean fresh appearance, and adds to the value of your home.
My Driveway looks old and damaged and needs Repair. What do I do now??
The Plehal Driveway Repair 4 levels of service.
- Basic Driveway Repair. When your driveway is generally in good shape, but has some areas that have settled or broken up, Plehal will saw cut and remove those areas, compact the base material and install a new layer of asphalt.
- Basic Driveway Replacement. Our Basic Driveway Replacement is a great choice if your surface shows signs of transverse or longitudinal cracking or small settlements, but has no major defects. We start by removing all of your existing asphalt and hauling it to a recycling facility. One of our experienced grading crews will then add class 5 base material as needed to the existing base material to ensure a uniform slope and proper drainage. It is then compacted using a vibratory drum roller. Following the base preparation and inspection by you, we will call to schedule the asphalt installation. Our highly experienced asphalt paving crew will complete the paving process to the precise job specifications. This option comes with a one year warranty.
- Gold Driveway Replacement. This is the most common choice among our customers. Due to the soil make up in the sub-base of your driveway and the major weather fluctuations in Minnesota or poor construction of the original surface, the base layer’s integrity is often compromised and contaminated with poor material. With this option we remove all of the driveway and base material to a depth of six to seven inches below finished grade and haul it away to be recycled. We make sure your sub-base has a uniform slope and is well compacted. We will then install four inches of class 5 base material, grade for proper drainage and compact using a vibratory drum roller. Following the base preparation and inspection by you, we will call to schedule the asphalt installation to complete the paving process to the precise job specifications with our highly experienced asphalt paving crew. The gold option guarantees that your driveway investment is on a stable base and comes with a 2 year warranty.
- Premium Replacement.Plehal Blacktopping’s premium option is the most comprehensive driveway product available for your home. We start by completely removing your entire driveway and all of the base material to a depth of eight to nine inches below finished grade and hauling it away to be recycled. The sub-base is then graded and compacted. We then install a layer of geo textile soil stabilization fabric. The fabric provides a barrier between the sub-soils and the new class 5 base material to ensure that the class 5 material will not be contaminated over years of Mother Nature’s abuse. We then install six inches of new class 5 base material, which is graded and compacted to achieve proper drainage. Following inspection by you, we will schedule the asphalt installation to complete the paving process to the precise job specifications done by our highly experienced asphalt paving crew. The extra base material plus the stabilization fabric make for the best residential driveway surface for many years to come. Plehal warranties the premium option for 5 years.
Does This System Help Me save Money?
- Yes it can. Unfortunately, Asphalt Contractors can quote complete replacement for driveways that don’t need it. If your base is in decent shape, a basic Repaving with Plehal Blacktopping will be much cheaper than a complete Driveway replacement with a competitor!! Our 5 level Driveway Repair System will also let you decide what works best for your budget and future plans with your home.
Plehal Blacktopping The Twin Cities Choice for Driveway Repair Paving and Replacement